Where the heck did this year go? Honestly, times has flown by, and now that we are officially 3/4 through 2014, it’s time to check in and see how we’re doing.
Original goals as outlined in this post:
Move up to Novice Final score under 35 at Novice
- Nail canter transitions (we kind of interrupted this one by changing his complete way of going, so still a work in progress)
- Trot lengthenings
Master trakehner fences Coffin combinations
- Conditioning work (no conditioning-specific routine yet, but preparing for show by getting fit is still happening)
For the House:
Landscape front and backyard Kitchen transformation Replace grody couch
Calcium supplements Not be Red Bull Zombie(we’ll pretend. Still have to caffeinate at horse shows)
- Be more positive (Eh, it’s been a rough year in some ways.. still working on it!)
That’s a lot checked off our list, but still work to be done through the fall and winter. Adding to the list and getting a little more specific, here’s what I would like to get accomplished in the next few months.
Foster, Foster, Foster:
- Lengthenings, and lengthening-to-collected transitions
- Keep hacking away at canter transitions
- School corners – showjumping style
- Angled fences/combinations
- School chevron if at all possible
- Introduce conditioning program
- Clip all the fur!
- Watch the grass grow 🙂
- Wrap up current Farm Logo project for client
- Edit Bridal Shoot photos
- Create specific blog for Design work
It’s going to be a busy, busy winter!