Not really much interesting going on here this week, other than gorging myself at the fair last night, continuing to feel angst about the USEA rule changes, and squeezing in a couple rides (Foster was a precious dressage pony this week, and guess what- we worked on lengthenings!). So, I’m hopping on the bandwagon with Viva Carlos’s 10 questions…
1. How many pairs of breeches/jods do you own?
OK, first- yay ‘jods’! I wouldn’t say my collection is all that impressive.. maybe 15? I’m seriously digging all thing Kerrits right now so my collection is slowly expanding…
2. How many horses have you ridden?
I think my head would spin if I tried to add this up, I’m going to say easily 100+
3. How many trainers have you had?
I had two trainers as a kid that would take turns with me on weekends, then a trainer in middle school that got me into foxhunting.. let’s see, then I trained with a BNT in high school briefly (too bad I had no idea what I was doing) before taking things a little more casual with a mostly dressage/eventing instructor for years. 2 different trainers with the dressage team, and 2 trainers with Foster before settling on my current 2-trainer situation. 11 trainers in 20+ years, that’s not that bad right?
4. How many barns have you ridden at?
Besides the farm I grew up at, I have moved around boarding barns a bit.. but if I think about it…12
5. What is the name of the horse you consider yourself to have the greatest bond with?
Foster is probably the obvious.. but Ivan, and my old Haflinger, Tanner, are close seconds.
6. What is your favorite show name you’ve ever encountered?
I think Daddy’s Money is hilarious for little ponies… I don’t think I could choose, otherwise- there are so many I want to use myself, just need more ponies!
7. What do you consider your greatest weakness or flaw in riding?
Oh, so many struggles… but I’d say more than anything I am supremely aware of my very-much-less-than-perfect equitation over fences.
8. What do you consider to be your greatest strength?
Basic dressage training for greenies.. And I probably only say this because it’s where I have the most experience- Foster is my 3rd horse to bring from basically no dressage to schooling Second (ish) level stuff
9. Have you ever leased a horse?
10. What is the name of the first horse you rode?
A horse named Ghost, when I was 18 months old (there’s a video somewhere of this auspicious occasion). Then lessons on Heidi at 4.